Unpredictability of the Future…


What can I say…It seems that I'm growing up literally now. For times and ages since the past 20 years of my life have tried to remain serious or a bit mature for some time of my life. Without any doubt, you can surely cut out the first 10 years of my life, it was just harmless childhood, which now I think I'd have preferred it stayed.



 

It seems like time is flying too fast now…comparable to the SR-71 blackbird. Boy that plane is fab! I remember the time when I was in 12th standard and my dad bought one sort of wristwatch for my brother, Utkarsh. It was a digital watch, with the blackbird on it, housing the display and controls. Now I'm in third year of my engineering, and that day seems like yesterday.

It seems like just yesterday I was a meddlesome, fun loving, confused 16 year old normal kid who had just one aim, to become the world's greatest software engineer. Now today, I am 20 years 3 months and 5 days old. A whole of roughly 4.5 years just flew past me, within a flash.

A lot of things have changed, some in a little, while some in gigantic proportions. First and most importantly, my hairstyle. Now I prefer short lengths over the long tom cruise MI2 style. Even my facial hair has changed. Now I have to shave every week to look presentable. The 20 year old I now have a goatee, I'm pulling it off ;-)

But some things about which I'm uncertain of, is that I'm still confused. The matters of confusion have changed, but still, I'm confused. Firstly, I was confused about what to do after school? Honestly, I didn't study at all for my competitive exams. I know and I acknowledge the fact that it was stupid and highly idiotic, and I guess I was idiotic. There was a time in my life when I was unsure whether I would get an admission or not in a respectable college.


 

But now, I study in a good engineering college, that's all I can say about my institution :P
Now, I am 3 months away from entering the final year of my Bachelor of Technology in computer sciences and engineering degree…But I still am confused. Confused whether to opt for a Master's degree or a decent job?


Now blowing my own horn, but I think I'm a dedicated fellow. If I set an aim for something, I try to settle for it. It's not a big deal for me to make it to the IITs or any big shot MNC…but the problem is that I'm not feeling much dedicated at the moment.

I'm not sure about the future. All I know is that I want a nice decent job, a nice girlfriend whom I can make my wife, and a happy family that's proud of me.


The aim is clear, it is just the path I have to figure out, and I do not know it now, but I'm sure, I'll figure it out soon…

Till then I leave you with this thought-

"Imagine, what it feels like to stand on the edge of the cliff, plain horizon meeting your line of sight, and the striking land below, with all its topological features in full glory, looking up to you…And among it all, the sudden instinct in your mind is to jump….That's what I'm experiencing right now, the feeling of free-falling…..Into the metaphorical ground of the future….."


 

Yes it's self-made, that's why it's my Facebook status :P


 


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Picks