The distance between two leap years - V

Well, to be honest. Life wasn't the same after my third year. During my 6th semester exams, i got the news that my dad got a new job so we all had to be shifted to Chandigarh. So the first half of my holidays were practically pretty busy in packing and shifting the stuff from Bhopal to our new home in Chandigarh.

Someone has rightly said that Chandigarh is City Beautiful, as it is one of the most clean, sophisticated and liveliest city i've seen. But sadly, i had my summer training to attend, so most of the city was left unexplored. Only way known to me was from Panchkula to C-DAC (Centre of Development and Advanced Computing), Mohali. Wanna hear my routine? I used to wake up at 5 in the morning, reach CDAC Mohali by 7:30 AM, return back home till 1 PM, then all the daily chores and hokum, followed by me hitting the hay at midnight. It was a six week course, but for me, it was just for 4 weeks. How? Listen up.

The last two weeks were of project discussion, but i got a mail from my college that the major IT company Infosys is coming for recruitment to our college the next month, so i had to skip the project week and stay at my uncle's house to attend the daily preparation classes for the recruitment drive.
I still can't forget that hectic month, but it all paid off as I got selected in Infosys. Yay! :)

Then came the awesome period of final year, no classes! Atlast!
But our college management had something else in mind. An order was passed, which stated that the gate of the hostel block will remain locked every working day during the working hours, and during that period, the electrical power supply to the hostels will also be cut off. Great, just great!
But still, we guys never went to college, ya we did go to the library sometime, but that too once in a blue moon.

Nettech had visited our college in my 2nd year, and I stood out exceptionally in it. This time, they came again, and the instructor, Mr. Swapan Purkait, contacted me, said he wanted me to work with him. I was elated! Finally, something fun in this year, something worth remembering! And believe me when i tell you, it was a great experience.

Then came november, a very special month for me, for reasons I'll not divulge here, as its quite unrelated. Moving on.

Sessionals came, exams came, and we did what we had to. But fourth year is a time of great tension. If any of you 3rd year and/or 4rth year students are reading this, I want you to know that you must start your campus placement preparation early. If you havent yet, do it now! Because final year is heaven for those who are placed, and heaven for those who aren't. And you all know that after four years of toil and trouble in this hell hole called engineering, you need a job at the end, to make your term here in this college worth it all.

Then came our final semester. Now I was really desperate to go home, and end this engineering course as quickly as possible. But Einstein was right, time is relative to the observer. Time flies fast when you're having fun, like the past 3 and a 1/2 years, which passed by in a blur, leaving me many memories..some good, and some, well..not much worth remembering. Many events, such as when I came to this college, first time I got ragged, first time I made friends here,the times I got busted for truancy (means bunking classes :P),  the time I went into a relationship here, the time I broke up, the time i fell in love again, this time correctly though! And many more events..Aah, good old days!
Now, time just came to a stand still. These 4 months of the last semester were the slowest


But something happened, something EUPHORIC!! Euphoria, the great Indian Rock Band, came to our college on our founder's day. Man! I was there, right there where the stage ends, just a few feet away from my childhood idol, Palash Sen, whose songs got me through some of my tough times. Then afterwards, i got a picture with the band, though Dr. Palash was not there that time, but still, m very happy.

During Nettech classes, a couple of junior girls, whom, if you are reading this, i want you girls to know, that you three are the smartest girls i've seen in this college. Keep it up :)
They approached me with a project for IBM TGMC competition. Which, due to our teams laziness, we could not complete, sorry girls.

But the project was to be our final year submission. So, as always, Mr, Gulati had to rough up his roomies, Mr. Gupta and Mr. Singh, sorry boys but you know its true. Then in one night, we (read I :P) prepared the report and gave it for binding. But the funniest moment came when we had to sit for our external viva.
Our examiner was our HOD, so we knew it wouldn't be a problem ;)
He just aksed, "beta, kitne pages ki hai?", and it was done!

Oh ya, the Farewell, how can I forget that! Pretty nice, reminded me of the farewell we gave to our seniors.
The boys hostel was haunted by the question for many days "What to wear?!"
I went with my classic Neal Caffrey Style Suit, and got a lot of compliments on that one, MR. CS being one of them, thanks a lot my dear juniors, and if you are reading this, plz email me the pic in which i get the sash, I don't have it.



I also visited Gujarat in my final year, for a technical fest in Baroda. By God! Best 3 days of my life. Met my childhood friend Shashank, and my bestfriend Aakashkunvarba, the highlight of my trip :)

So, came to end my 4 year Engineering course. With lots of fun, emotions, tragedies, laughter, sleepless nights, sleepy days, bunks, grades, flirting, facebooking, these four years, were seriously the best of my life till now. A heartfelt thanks to everyone who was a part of my life in these four years. You all have, knowingly or unknowingly, made me what I am today.

Arrivederci! C'est la vie! See you Around amigos :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Picks