The distance between two leap years-IV



Welcome to the third year of your engineering life, heralded each breeze as it hit my face, greeting me on my return to the college hostel. It was a blustery day of mid-August. I came and settled in my room and hat a quick bath. Oh yes, I was a pre-final year student now.
First day of classes, met a new female faculty, she had come from Bhopal. And she had a unique way of teaching. She forced us to make proper notes of her subject, that too in a separate notebook! Imagine 3rd year engineering students, who seldomly study, were asked to prepare notes, that too compulsorily. And mind you, that subject was considered to be a real tough nut to crack, Design and Analysis of Algorithms. “Welcome to hell” I said to myself.
But it was just the beginning. Soon our classes were tormented by strange type of subjects and teachers teaching us things in an entirely obsolete fashion, simple read-out-loud in the class. The result of which we started to bunk classes on a daily basis. And I along with my two room-mates, Sushant & Pushpender, was branded as the most notorious kind of students possible by some teachers.
But who cares? We enjoyed our life to the fullest, regular bunks, frolicking in the canteen, leg pulling of our seniors and hostel inmates. We even clinched 1st prize in Counter Strike LAN gaming in the college, go Bandits!
I was, in my 3rd year, allotted the task of preparing the Anchors for the freshers party of the 2010 batch. So, in three days, I and a faculty lead, Ms. Shivani Ma’am, who has a lot of trust in me, finalized the anchors. On the day of te event, everything was going on smoothly, until the universe decided to pull a prank on me.
One of the anchor went home without any notice, so I had to cover up the open slot on the last minute. There I was on the stage, with a cordless mike in my hand, and no prepared speech. But one thing lead to another, and I turned out to be a big hit. God has his way with me, he plays around but still has my back.
Half of my third year passes like so. Exams were a breeze and the result was outstanding. I had topped my hostel with a shocking 77.1%, my all-time high. I was elated. Thus in my state of high, I picked up a long lost hobby of basketball. Every moment of my free time I began spending with the ball and hoop. It was fun. In fact It was also to impress someone, but that’s an entirely different story.
In my 6th semester, I went to IIT-K for the first time, in their annual tech-fest Techkriti, and my advice to every engineering student out there, you must go there at least once in four years. Trust me you’ll love it.

After returning from Kanpur, I developed a serious throat infection. For a week I couldn’t eat, drink, sleep or talk properly. So I went to doctor. Within 5 minutes I got 4 injections and 3 days dose of medicines with me having to shell out a 1000 bucks for it. But the medication worked and I was fit once again. So, back to normal life.

Then came my 6th semester examinations, along with a news that my family had got shifted to Chandigarh, dad switched jobs. So I was pretty excited and tensed, as I had to still finalise my summer training for the session!


But, as we’ll see in the next post, it all turned out to be well.

That ends my 3rd year adventures, see you in my next post with my final year stories. C'est lavie!

Comments

  1. bhai dil khush ho gya :* par bht jyada short h or hona chahiye tha :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Picks