The distance between two leap years



Ever since I was a kid, I had this one dream, to become a computer engineer. The world of engineering seemed an enigma to me even in class XII. That time everyone was busy preparing to get an admission into a decent college, and I along with my buddies was playing it cool. Clearly I was oblivious to the fact that what is the big deal about colleges? I mean, they are all the same….How wrong was I.



These engineering colleges, though they all provide the same 4 year course of engineering and provide the same Bachelor of Technology degree, they differ a lot in many aspects.
Firstly, we have the IITs, the crème-de-la-crème. The big shots make it here, and as I thought, brainiacs with limited social life.
Then we have the regional engineering colleges, which are also respectable in the resources they provide as they are supported by the various state governments.
Then we have the plethora of private engineering colleges, with makeshift labs, at par faculty and still on the way resources. If you were a student like me in your classes XI & XII and didn’t give a rat’s ass about your entrance examinations, chances are that you’ll end up here like me.

I graduated from school in the year 2008, a leap year. To be honest, my scores in competitive exams weren’t that great, so I wasn’t getting into a good college. But good for me, my father had a backup plan, as always. He had his links in this college, United group of Instituitions, and he got me a seat in computer sciences stream in the greater Noida branch of the college.

Now here I am, in the fourth year of my college, just 3 months from graduation. It’s the year 2012, another leap year. This journey from one leap year to another was an enthralling experience, which transformed this bumbling teenage boy into a more mature and confident man.

Keep a tab on this space, as I’ll be updating my story year by year in four different posts, as now I stand so close to graduation which makes me realize that this golden era will be over soon. The feeling makes me nostalgic and a bit emotional, so please bear with me if I dedicated four more posts to the same topic.
See you next time with the events of my 1st year in college. Adios till then.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Picks