Mischief Managed!!


Harry Potter….The boy who lived….

Its been 8 years since we were introduced to the meek, shy and glassy 12 year old boy with a lightning bolt scar on his forehead. Later in his life, it was revealed to him that he was a wizard, and thus, began a magical journey set on the historic battle of good and evil. The saga was too epic that it involved not only the kids, but their parents as well. It drove generations crazy with every spell of the wand.
And now, its over…


I was the same age as Daniel Radcliffe, better known as Harry potter, when the first installment of the epic saga “Harry potter & the sorcerer’s stone” surfaced into my life. I saw it with my cousin sister, actually she talked me into it. According to her it was superb! Thanx a ton mitika! If it weren’t for you, then I would have never been introduced to this magical world. I saw the movie 3 times and developed a serious infatuation with the story. Within days after watching the flick, I was drawing lightning bolt scars on my forehead with marker pens, carving wood sticks to make my “wand”…yes, I was a potter-freak J

I loved being a potter-freak. Then the routine began. Everytime a new installment to the series was out, I had to grab a copy of it and finish reading it as soon as possible, to keep myself updated with the activities of Hogwarts, which always, and to everyone, seemed a hell lot of more interesting than my own school :P
I loved when harry slayed the basilisk, when  ron flew his car & when hermoine deployed her time turners. It was surreal. Like I could relate to the characters. J.K. Rowling made my childhood a wonderful memory. I wish I had a pensieve so I could store it, like Dumbledore.

The final installment created much hype, mostly as it was the last and had an awesome battle between the hideous dark lord and our spectacled teenage hero. The movie was fabulous, and it really lived up to its expectations. I loved the final battle, and also cherished neville’s moment when he slices off nagini’s head..Ohh, my sorry for the spoilers. But you have seen the movie already, ryt? If not, then what are you waiting for? Go, live your dream, defeat the dark lord, and may it be a full stop to a wonderful era we cherished since our early teen years, it has to end, and let it end. It deserves an awesome ending.

After all, Harry potter might be over, but the memories it gave me, all those experiences, fun, laughter and horror…are here to stay with me. I am proud to say this, as I am Kanav Gulati, THE BOY WHO GREW UP WITH THE BOY WHO LIVED :D

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Picks