Presentations Ahoy!


It was quite a week for me at the college. For the first time in my life, a teacher said that I was gradually creeping into his "blacklist". Hell I don't know what the reason is (probably my attendance), but it doesn't bother me that much. Because I know, no matter how random things might appear right now, a plan of my dramatic emergence will sweep in from any direction.

But the last Friday was quite a wreck. We were all held back after break to attend our seminar lecture, due to which we had to attend our Ind.Mgmt lecture. Nothing against it, but it's all theory! Theory makes kv drowsy :P





So, it's like this, we hadn't attended even a single lecture of a 50 marks worth subject, the seminar presentation. To tell the truth, I always wanted to attend the lecture because it was taken by a faculty I admire, she's an excellent teacher. And I'm guessing she's the one only who speaks high of me when presently all my teachers are willing to murder me. But I could never attend the lecture, due to mass bunks. Peer pressure, you know :P

So, this time, we were all given a fair choice of topic, either-you-decide-or-we-decide types. So I first took up Free and Open source soft wares. Nice choice, I thought to myself. But suddenly what crossed my mind, I switched to Ethical hacking, a much more palatable topic, I thought. Gradually through our proceedings, we were given a 1st base deadline till Monday 4/4/2011 to submit our presentations in electronic form, or ppt, as we call it.

The whole idea of this bamboozle is to provide the students a mock platform to step up and present their views on any god forsaken topic. The main motive is to open up the students, and make them good speakers and presenters. A point highly praised by recruiters.

I like this thing. I love holding onto the mike and taking the audience on a joy ride. I have been anchoring for the college events since the past 3 years, be it freshers or fests, people take me up as a primary selection, and I like it. It gives me more exposure and also strengthens me, because I know I have to give my best, there are a lot of people counting on me.

Overall, I sided with this system of seminars. But, the typical engineer of UPTU! Most of the students of my branch retaliated. Kya yaar? Iska kya fayda?

Stupids, look for loss and gain in almost everything. But like it or not, Monday was the due date.
So we went back to our hostel rooms, and started brainstorming. Boy, I never thought explaining something was far more difficult than learning something. Just think of our teachers. What amount of effort they put in to teach a room full on idiots. From now onwards, I promise to be attentive in class, i.e. if I go to the class :P

2 sleepless nights and 1 evening, and my presentation was done. Although it required me to hack into many websites, even my own college, but all for the sake of education, I thought :P

It felt good, but something was missing. I don't know, but It didn't feel right. So, for a decent second opinion, I mailed it to a friend. According to her, I could've done a lot better, but considering the short span of time in hand, I've done well.
Thus, I got the green light and finished off my report and mailed it to the respected faculty.

Now, I'm just waiting for my turn to deliver the seminar on the mystical topic of ethical hacking, fingers crossed, hoping for wellness and chanting ALL IZZ WELL….

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Picks